Clyst Vale & College Closure Update, 21st July 2020
- Clearly, Clyst Vale has broken up for the summer holiday.
- We are working towards an expected return to College for all students from Monday, 7th September. We have opted for a return to as full a curriculum and the highest possible standard of provision, while mitigating health risks wherever possible. Parents will have received a letter (Friday 17th July) about this, and a Risk Assessment has been published elsewhere on this website on the “covid-19” page. https://www.clystvale.org/c19/
- FREE SCHOOL MEALS. We joined the government/Edenred voucher scheme. Vouchers for seven weeks (£105) were ordered on 10th July. If you have any queries about Free School Meals, please contact Racheal Long on .
- SAFEGUARDING/ CHILD PROTECTION If you have any concerns about a student at Clyst Vale, please contact the Police, or MASH, The Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub: 0345 155 1071, and please e-mail and/or leave a voicemail on 10392-461407
- Regular weekly communications to parents, students and staff will recommence on Friday, 21st
- Exam Results Days
- Separate communications have been sent to students and parents in all exam years.
- Exam Results Days are Thursday 13thAugust for A-Level and AS; Thursday 20th August for GCSE (and vocational Level 1 & 2 courses).
- Social distancing measures will be in place for students who wish to collect their results.
- We cannot discuss predicted grades with students, parents or carers prior to Results Days. This is prohibited in the guidance.
- The Exam Boards have decided there is no right of appeal to them from candidates, only from centres in the likelihood of significant errors for whole groups of students. There will be an opportunity to take GCSE and A-Level exams in October and November. At time of writing, we await further guidance on both of these issues.
LINKS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
- This link is to government guidance for parents and carers:
- This link is “The Guidance” for early years, schools and further education:
- This link is Devon County Council’s dedicated website for parents for Coronavirus advice
- The Department for Education Coronavirus helpline is as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687 Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
HELPLINES AND LINKS
There are many valuable support agencies’ links I could list for mental health and on-line issues. Here are a selection of established ones, including locally:
- com has a load of information and on-line counselling; mainly mental health
- org.uk 0800 1111 has been around for ages, but is still one of the best helplines
- org.uk focusses on on-line issues including bullying, or messages that make you uncomfortable
- Young Devon (youngdevon.org.uk) is web-based, and points you to a wide range of possible services
- Devon Family Advice Line (family relationships) 01392-949059
- SPACE is an Exeter-based Youth & Community Charity. Contact Lisa Rutter on 07590639440, e-mail
Kevin Bawn, Principal