Clyst Vale aims to maintain a simple pattern of College dress to promote a clear sense of identity and enable students to come sensibly dressed, at reasonable cost, for a range of learning activities. If a student is improperly dressed, correct uniform will be provided for that day or the student may be sent home to change his/her clothing, at the discretion of the Principal. If parents are in any doubt about the suitability of an item of uniform they should check with the College before buying it.
Uniform for all students in Years 7 to 11
- White collared shirt
- School colour tie
- Clyst Vale V-neck jumper with College logo.
- Boys trousers – Banner Slimbridge (Black)/Banner Falmouth (Black).
- Girls trousers – Trutex GTN (2 pocket black)/David Luke DL965 black.
- Skirts – Blue Tartan.
- Trutex Senior stitched down/Taylor Tartan (blue) skirt and may be worn no more than 2″ above the knee. Knee length black tailored shorts may be worn in the summer.
- Black sturdy shoes or all black trainers.
- White socks or black tights with skirts.
All uniform and PE Kit can be purchased from Thomas Moore, Exeter. Thomas Moore offers both a personal service in their shop and also the opportunity to order on line at www.thomasmooretoymaster.co.uk
- Eyebrow jewellery, facial, tongue, nose and lip studs are not permitted.
- Leather jackets, all denim garments and all hoodies are not permitted.
- Hats should not be worn indoors.
- Outer coats should be predominantly plain in colour and without large logos.
- A plain white t-shirt or vest may be worn under the shirt.
- On health and safety grounds, shoes should be appropriate for a work place. Flipflops, open toes, Uggs, Dr Martens (or equivalent) are not permitted.
Students with false or long nails will also pose a risk to other students and therefore nails should be kept to shorter lengths.
Second Hand Uniform
Our two local Charity Shops often have Clyst Vale used uniform for sale.
Clyst Caring Friends is located in Broadclyst Village (behind the post office/village store). Their opening hours are: Mondays—closed, Tuesday to Friday—09.30 to 15.30, Saturday—09.30 to 12.00, Sunday—closed
Barnardo’s Cranbrook EX5 7DR
(01404 514934) is open Monday to Saturday—09.00 to 17.00, Sunday—10.00 to 16.00
Donations of good quality used uniform can be made to these shops during their opening hours.
- The Principal, in consultation with the Governors of the College, will decide on the suitability of the appearance of a student attending the College – extreme hair styles, of either cut or colour, are not permitted