Update 11th April 2020
- Free School Meals: STILL NO E-CODES
- We decided to join the Government voucher scheme for Free School Meals because with our semi-rural catchment other methods of providing FSM are complex and cannot possibly reach everyone.
- The amount will be £15 per child per week. We intended to overlap the Government scheme with our previous one for w/b 6th April to make up for a £3 per week difference between schemes, but wait to see if the Government will backdate the date of issue of e-codes.
- We were accepted on to the scheme on Tuesday 7th April, but technical issues and overload means that Edenred (the Government contractor) has not yet issued e-codes to parents.
- We had been assured that e-codes were to have been issued on 9th or 10th April, but the delay has persisted and I know several schools in London, Manchester and elsewhere are experiencing the same problems. Presumably because it is the Easter bank holiday weekend, Edenred is not taking calls or answering e-mails.
- The vouchers we issued through Voucher Exchange take families up to Sunday 12th If the Government scheme has not issued e-codes by Tuesday, 14th April, we will order more vouchers through Voucher Exchange (for £15) to cover w/b 13th April.
LINKS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
This is the Government’s guidance to parents:
The following link is the government’s advice to schools, last updated 26th March
The next link is Devon County Council’s dedicated website for parents for Coronavirus advice
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline:
Phone: 0800 046 8687 Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Kevin Bawn, Principal