CoronaVirus & College Closure Update
Update 14th May 2020
- IMPLICATIONS OF PRIME MINISTER’S ANNOUNCEMENT
From Letter to Parents & Carers 12th May 2020
- For the next three weeks at least, there is no change to the existing position. The site remains closed to all, except for ECP. I will continue to discourage and resist visits to the site, and the ECP hygiene measures will remain fully in place. I am interpreting the new slogan “Stay Alert” as one minister’s definition as “Stay at Home as much as possible”.
- It is extremely unlikely that Years 7 to 9 will be back until September.
- Years 10 and 12 may be back before the summer holiday either in very small numbers for “face-to-face” or as a cohort.
- We will continue to send remote learning tasks to students. We will also develop ways to “refresh” this to increase variety and improve motivation.
- It is not compulsory for pupils or students in the named Year groups to return, and parents will not be fined for non-attendance.
- Parents/carers will be asked about your likely intentions of allowing your children to attend or remain at home; this will be after half-term, nearer any potential time of a return, and will be necessary for planning purposes.
- Before any students return to Clyst Vale, thorough risk assessments will be conducted
- Perhaps my most important point is that parents can be reassured that safety is my absolute priority, and I will continue to be extremely cautious. While I believe that students’ educational interests are best met in College, this cannot be at any cost or risk.
- Trips and Visits
- Parents WILL be refunded in full for payments made. Clearly, this is your money, so this is a priority for us and we will keep you updated.
|TRIP/VISIT||DATE OF TRAVEL/VISIT||YEAR GROUP||ESTIMATED REFUND DATE||NOTES|
|Chepstow Castle||17.03.20||7||27.03.20||All refunds complete.|
|UCAS Convention||17.03.20||12||16.03.20||All refunds complete.|
|Leeson House Dorset||18.03.20||12||Rearranged||Looking to re-arrange trip to 16-18 November 2020, waiting for confirmation from Leeson House.|
|Paris||23.03.20||7||TBC||Still demanding refund from Travel Company who have offered only a credit note.|
|Psychology Revision||25.03.20||12 & 13||By the end of June||Waiting for funds to be received back from Tutor2u.|
|Prom 2020||26.06.20||11||By 15.05.20||All refunds complete|
|Bude||13.07.20||8||TBC||Parents to be contacted re method of repayment|
|Woodlands||14.07.20||7-9||17.04.20||All refunds complete.|
|Belgium||16.07.20||9||TBC||Parents to be contacted re method of repayment|
|Italy Ski||13.02.21||7-10||Trip still going ahead||Parents to continue to make payments as per schedule.|
No other changes: please refer to the 12th May Update.