Clyst Vale’s Year 13 students were celebrating on 14th August as their year group achieved the best results in the College’s history. Nearly half of the grades achieved were at A*-B, and the overall pass rate improved to 99.2%. As a result of these excellent results, almost all of the year group have the requirements to move on to their chosen courses or the next stage in their lives. Their achievement is even better against a national picture of falling grades and pass rates.
Among our higher-achieving students are:
- Ollie Self achieved A* in Maths and Physics, A in Chemistry and Further Maths; Ollie will go to Warwick University to study Mathematics.
- Alex Durston, A* in Maths, A grades in Further Maths and French; she will now study Maths at Bath University.
- Frazer Loveman secured A* in English, A in Politics, and Bs in History and General Studies. Frazer will now go to Southampton University to study Modern History and Politics.
- Anton Stephan gained A* in Biology, A in Maths and B in Chemistry; he will study Zoology at Southampton University.
- Sally Worfolk gained straight As in Maths, Physics and Chemistry, and will now go to Bath University to study Chemistry.
- Tom Hart achieved A in Maths, B grades in Physics and Chemistry, and a D in French. Tom will study Engineering at Warwick University.
The secret of their success? A very good attitude to study, and sheer hard work. There is a lesson in this for all students!