Coronavirus Daily Update 27.03.20
Daily Update 27th March 2020
- The College is now closed
- This does NOT affect the emergency childcare provision for the children of key workers and vulnerable children.
- All parents should continue to contact the College as normal (e-mail, phone); my colleagues are still working, but from home.
2, Safeguarding/ Child Protection
- During the closure we continue to have a duty of care to safeguarding children in our community.
- If you have any concerns, please contact Paul Sutton – the College’s Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- In the event of a serious and or urgent concern if this is not possible please contact MASH, The Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub: 0345 155 1071.
- For more information on safeguarding children visit www.devon.gov.uk/childprotection
- Out of hours: Emergency Duty Service 0845 6000 388
- Alternatively contact the police on 101 or 999 in an emergency.
3. Emergency Childcare Provision (ECP)
- This provision is an offer to parents in key roles who are not able to find childcare, and whose children cannot be left at home safely. Students should remain at home if at all possible. So the ECP is a “last resort”.
- If your child is attending ECP @ College, please e-mail by 08.00 a.m. each day s/he attends.
- CHANGE: students will need to bring a packed lunch. Caterlink have suspended operations, and student numbers have been quite small.
- CHANGE: ECP will run Monday 30th March to Thursday 9th The Bank Holidays are to be confirmed.
- School Transport (for ECP students)
- All of the CV school bus routes have stopped.
- HOWEVER, if your child is eligible for school transport, and would need to use it on a given day or days, please e-mail and and by 12.00 on the day before, with your child’s name, route (eg CV 59) and pick up point. Your child must show their bus pass.
- Trips: Bude (Year 8) and Belgian Battlefields (Year 9)
- Please do not make any further payments for either of these trips.
- You will understand it is likely that both will be cancelled, much to my regret. We are in discussion with the travel companies and will advise you further when we have clear information.
- Free School Meals
- Parents of children receiving FSM received vouchers yesterday (Thursday)
- Remote Learning
- If you are experiencing any problems, please e-mail your child’s teacher in the first instance. You can also e-mail or phone any member of staff as usual; phone calls are being diverted to e-mail.
- Please note that we will not be setting work from Monday 30th March to Monday 13th April inclusive (the “Easter holidays”).
LINKS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
The following link is the government’s advice to schools, last updated 20th March
The next link is Devon County Council’s dedicated website for parents for Coronavirus advice
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline:
Phone: 0800 046 8687 Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Should you have any specific queries regarding Covid-19 and Clyst Vale, please e-mail Mrs Ann Hopkins (College Manager) on
Kevin Bawn, Principal