Clyst Vale aims to maintain a simple pattern of College dress to promote a clear sense of identity and enable students to come sensibly dressed, at reasonable cost, for a range of learning activities. If a student is improperly dressed, correct uniform will be provided for that day or the student may be sent home to change his/her clothing, at the discretion of the Principal.
If parents are in any doubt about the suitability of an item of uniform they should check with the College before buying it.
UNIFORM FROM SEPTEMBER 2018
Please click on the links below to read the letter to parents regarding uniform change, and images of the new clothing.
UNIFORM FOR ALL STUDENTS IN YEARS 7 – 11
(UNTIL THE END OF THE SUMMER TERM 2018)
- White collared shirt
- School colour tie
- Clyst Vale V-neck jumper with School colour logo
- Trousers should be plain, black, formal and full length. This means no jeans, leggings, chinos or any trousers with rivets or studs. Trousers must be worn on the waist.
- Skirts should be plain black, and may be worn just above the knee. Skirts must be A-line or straight, but not stretchy or “skater” style.
- Knee length black tailored shorts may be worn in the summer.
- Black sturdy shoes or all black trainers.
- Clyst Vale reversible jacket or other outdoor coat.
- Eyebrow jewellery, facial, tongue, nose and lip studs are not permitted.
- Leather jackets, all denim garments and all hoodies are not permitted.
- Hats should not be worn indoors.
- Outer coats should be predominantly plain in colour and without large logos.
- A plain white t-shirt or vest may be worn under the shirt.
- On health and safety grounds, shoes should be appropriate for a work place. Flipflops, open toes, Uggs, Dr Martens (or equivalent) are not permitted.
- Jewellery may be worn, providing it is not excessive or potentially hazardous. However, it is a legal requirement that all jewellery must be removed before undertaking sporting activities. It is the responsibility of the wearer to do this.
All uniform can be purchased from Thomas Moore, Exeter. Thomas Moore offers both a personal service in their shop and also the opportunity to order on line at www.thomasmooretoymaster.co.uk.
Click on the link below to see the uniform price list.
The Principal, in consultation with the Governors of the College, will decide on the suitability of the appearance of a student attending the College – extreme hair styles, of either cut or colour, are not permitted.