|Evenings & weekends – reporting of Covid-19 positive test results|
We have introduced a dedicated phone number, solely for reporting positive Covid-19 test results at evenings and weekends
The number is: 07818 212 931
It is not for suspected cases, non-Covid-19 illness or absence, and is not an advice line.
Please text positive Covid-19 test result information to this number, including:
· Name of student
· Student’s tutor group
· Date symptoms appeared
· Which symptoms, or no symptoms
· Date of test
· Date of test result
If necessary, someone will contact you having received this information. Thank you!
Tuesday 2nd February
When will students return to school ?
Last week it was announced that schools would re-open on 8th March “at the earliest”. A further announcement will be made on 22nd February.
Summer Exams 2021
The national consultation has now closed. It is anticipated that the Department for Education will report outcomes and decisions at the end of this month. In the meantime, it is essential that students in “exam” years continue to work hard and progress through the syllabus.
Lateral Flow Testing:
We have decided to test everyone on site twice weekly in order to maintain a high level of covid security. Until Friday last week we have conducted 806 tests, none positive. For students we require parental permission, of course. We do not know what is happening about mass testing when students return to school, however. If you need it, here is the link to the form: Student Consent form for Covid-19 testing, and you can find the accompanying letter and Privacy Notice on our website, at http://www.clystvale.org/c19/
Staff absence still remains very low: with the national lockdown, four clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) staff are shielding but able to work from home. We still have no positive cases among staff at present, or any colleague self-isolating. Student attendance in the KWV provision is around 15%.
Before Christmas 12 students tested positive for covid, as well as 31 family/household members. Over the holiday we were informed of 2 further students testing positive. Since the start of term there have been 2 students with a positive result and 4 family/household members.
Please keep informing us of any positive tests, even it seems daft because you are in lockdown !
Locally to us, numbers of new infections have continued to decline in the past week and remain well below national averages. According to the NEU covid map for schools, in the last week East Devon has fallen from 128 to 110 cases per 100,000, and the BBC gives 100 cases; Broadclyst, Cranbrook, Stoke Canon and area has also fallen from 150 to 104/100,000; Exeter has almost halved from 154 to 78/100,000 (NEU) or 72(BBC), and Pinhoe and area has decreased a little to 93. The national average for the BBC figures is 249/100,000 which is a steady decline from last week’s 344. (The NEU and BBC have different dates)
Keyworkers’ and Vulnerable Children
The link for KWV definitions is:
Free School Meals
Key Points to Remember, please
- Please do not send your child to school if they have covid symptoms.
- Please do not send your child to school if they have had symptoms and are waiting for a test result even if they seem better.
- If any member of a household has symptoms, everyone must stay away from school or work until the test result is known. If positive, everyone must isolate for 10 days from the start of symptoms or 10 days from the test date if there were no symptoms.
- Please tell us [student absence; AtHoS] if your child or household member has symptoms; test dates and results; dates you have been given for a return to school. This applies even if your child is not attending College.
- Please use the number above for reporting an “out-of-hours” positive test result.
- Students should wear masks at all times unless exempt. Except lessons, when actually eating/drinking, and if outside AND at 1m+ distance from one another.